May 04, 2004

Coming back to Scotland

However difficult, learning about life and similarly profound issues is exciting. I have come to believe over the past year or so that to get a new insight and to attain a higher level of appreciation of life is a gift, which is often accompanied by tears as if they epitomised the struggle to give up something false which is no longer needed and must go in order to make space for the gift.

Last Sunday I went to a baptist church on the Penang island to see what a Sunday service is like over here and more importantly to recall some of my memories and experiences from beloved Scotland where I was initiated into the meaning of spirituality. I didn’t therefore really pay attention to what was going on in the church. I was miles away and tears filled my eyes as I relived the experience. I think it was a reflection of a tremendous gift which I brought back from Scotland... a gift which will possibly never be fully understood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home