July 03, 2004

I've been empowered

I want to take up piano classes and become a Buddhist monk for a while. Back home I mean to start English classes for underprivileged children. I feel powerful and resourceful. I can always draw on my gifts to observe and learn and fall back on the unwilting commitment... Yet I realize that as I learn more and more, the big picture, the meaning, is getting ever harder to grasp.

Children run around, playing a game, talking to each other and using the target language. Teenagers dare at last to ask, to complain. Young adults talk naturally over delicious Dim Sum. My boss says businesswise he feels 'more self-confident'.

The little bits and pieces make up the meaning because...

"The only purpose of power is to empower others." M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled and Beyond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home