June 19, 2004

Child, Though I Take Your Hand

Jane Tyson Clement

Child, though I take your hand
and walk in the snow;
though we follow the track of the mouse together;
though we try to unlock together the mystery
of the printed word, and slowly discover
why two and three make five
always, in an uncertain world —

child, though I am meant to teach you much,
what is it, in the end,
except that together we are
meant to be children
of the same Father
and I must unlearn
all the adult structure
and the cumbering years

and you must teach me
to look at the earth and the heaven
with your fresh wonder.

Source: Daily Dig

2 Comments:

At 6:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ktoś zostawił u Ciebie komentarz po czesku! :) można komentowac w swoim języku? :)

lovely poem...

can't wait to start, when i see all the positive emotions elicited by the kids in u :)

xxx
Robaczek (smilin all the time)

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger Jiri said...

Yeah, I encourage you all, it's perfectly okay to post comments in whatever language you want. This is, after all, not just about Malaysia and Bohemia, but equally about Slovakia and Poland and France and Scotland and ... This poem is strikingly beautiful and I live it in Malaysia, but we can do the same around the world :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home