May 26, 2005

Football in Malaysia

The Champions League final was a smashing thriller. We'd been watching with Andy some of the previous games only to be always let down as we hadn't seen a single goal. Now we were stupendously rewarded!

In the half time, however, there was a moment when I couldn't but burst out in laughter. The local TV3 showed a short report from a place where local fans were watching the match. Back in the studio the commentator grinned and remarked that everyone's there was enjoying the football the Malaysian way, ie. with Teh Ais and Roti Canai. I could laugh my head off as that single remark alone proved I am half Malaysian.

4 Comments:

At 5:06 am, Blogger Andy said...

Can't believe I missed that match! But at least you got to see some goals, guess they were making up for the previous boring matches. As for being half Malaysian, I don't think you're necessarily right about that. After all, a lot of the students drink yibai ho (I'm not too sure if that is the pinyin way of spelling it but I'm sure you get the drift). If that doesn't clinch it then your motorcycle skills do man, oh yeah!

 
At 12:03 pm, Blogger Jiri said...

Are you suggesting, by any chance, that in three months' time I should change the blog to "Truly Malaysian in Bohemia"?

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger Andy said...

You know, that may be a good idea. It's got a good ring to it, so "also can!"

 
At 1:45 pm, Blogger Winson Kang said...

wow....yes indeed..!!since u have been here in Malaysia for quite a very very long time...there is absolutely no doubt that you are mixed now...Half Czech and Half Malaysian.!!heheh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home