May 12, 2005

Tongue Twister - Cop Bob

I've been often disappointed by the tongue twisters that are freely available on the internet as they tend to be more fun than any serious pronunciation practice. So I put together my very first tongue twister. It is clear the two sounds in question here are /b/ and /p/ in their end positions. I'm going to have my intermediate students dictate it to each other and then focus on minimal pairs, or whatever crops up as necessary to deal with on the spot.
Cop Bob was always a snob. He wanted to rob the new Pope of his old robe and so he dropped on his friend Rob to get some rope. But Bob saw Rob sob over his mop.

“Nope,” said Rob. “I can't cope with this mop, Bob. I really hope to get a new job.”

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home