May 31, 2004

Children are from heaven

Having no previous experience with children I gradually realize that children are the greatest adventurers, the greatest explorers and daredevils of their age, the most perceptive learners and teachers alike. In the classroom I seldom have time to stop and reflect upon the experience, but today I was observing some of the children as they were colouring. Quietly, sitting right opposite them and still being far away.

Last week I taught them how to use the expression "Sorry, I don't understand" rather than their notorious "Uaaa". After the class, one of the girls asked me in Chinese "How are you?" and I smiled at her and asked: "What does it mean?".

Today they reproached me for teaching them language which I don't use myself.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you planning to publish some photos from your stay in Malaysia?

 
At 11:44 am, Blogger Jiri said...

A fair comment... I will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home