June 12, 2004

God put a smile upon my face

Last night I went to bed quite late and so it was hard this morning to get up. The desperate prospect of a tedious weekly journey to Alor Star didn’t add to it. Having moved out from the centre of the town I would need to change buses twice... (from our house to Bukit Mertajam to Butterworth to Alor Star). Nevertheless, I walked down to the bus stop only to realize the bus had just gone. Angry I was, swearing like a trooper, though it meant I would wait for just about another 15 minutes.

So I did. In the 15 minutes, however, the first bus which turned up was going straight to Butterworth. What is more, it took only 25 minutes to get there. I had known of this bus but didn’t know at all the timetable or anything else.

It was a touching experience. It was one of the numerous gifts I get along the way. I don’t know if everything which is going on in this world is good but I believe in this inherent goodness in my life. Everything has its purpose. I started to smile wondering how many gifts I have to receive to learn to get up every single morning with a smile on my face, unharmed, being reassured of the grace in the things to come.

Coldplay: God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home