August 23, 2004

My sisters

I took my motorbike all the way from Bukit Mertajam to Cameron Higlands where I had to withstand severe cold downpours. During that ordeal all of a sudden, I recalled how I was the previous day walking in the rain with my newly adopted sister Amelia and my eyes were instantly filled with tears. Strangely, I couldn't think of anything else but her and when I stopped to enjoy a spectacular highland scenery with clouds quickly forming right beneath my feet, I made a long-term pledge to help her learn and grow. I will work towards it year after year until we are both ready to meet again and make it happen.



There are not enough words to say how much I love her. Actually, shortly after Amelia's mother suggested that I could adopt her as a sister rather than a daughter I realized she was absolutely right. Since my early childhood I wanted to have a younger sibling. Now apart from my older sister I have my younger sister as well. Amazingly, they both have their birthday soon - 9 September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home