November 09, 2004

A Special Moment

This was truly a special moment. I had an adorable 4-year-old girl on my lap drawing me - great pictures, I can tell you! But just a moment before that I finalised my first activity based on concordances. For the past week or so I've been utterly mesmerised by this part of corpus linguistics and though I'm just at the beginning, with my IT/analytical background I actually feel very close to this area of language teaching.



I've been saying for some time now that I want to direct my EFL career to teaching children only, yet I can't as I still bear the bulk of responsibility here. Come to think of it, however, it might eventually prove a huge advantage since I can get a well-rounded picture of English language teaching.

Phonics for pre-schoolers and concordances for upper intermediate students - that's what I call a challenge.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 pm, Blogger livingtheart said...

Very beautiful picture.

And thanks for the message you left on my blog about giving. It is really true that by not allowing others to give to us we selfishly deny them the pleasure of giving.

What a joy it must be to be a teacher. I know you're not taking it for granted your position of influence.

God bless!

Bohemian girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home