June 06, 2005

Imagine you're 60

Imagine you're 60. What would you like your boss to say at your birthday party?

We were asked this question at NAC and I figured something like "I'll give you a million dollars if you stay on." would be nice. Now I've been tormented lately by lots of doubts playing on my mind as I was trying to decide if this the right time for me to pack it up here and go home.

I set straight a few conditions that would hold me back and one of them was a reasonable pay rise... Well, I didn't get a million but hey, I'm not 60 either!

I have one week to make up my mind and I want to stick to what a Somali Australian who I was sharing with back in Southampton in 1993 once told me: "Do whatever makes you happy."

1 Comments:

At 10:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, it might be better to do the less appealing thing now so that you could be happy later. Wouldn’t it be a great weight off your mind if you just got rid of the burden that’s waiting for you here in the form of an unfinished university course? Don’t you want to be done with it as soon as possible? Then you would finally be FREE to do whatever you feel could make you happy. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home