June 19, 2005

Critical thinking

Critical thinking is unanimously accepted as a virtue as far as personal development is concerned. Clearly, some people are able to employ critical thinking more often than others. Take this example. I got an email the other day from a friend warning against ACE - a mobile phone virus. I checked it out, replied that it was just a hoax and gave her a link where she could find more information on the background of this hoax. This was her reaction:
Woh, where you get this valueable info. Thanks

Considered how successful this kind of hoax is on the internet I suspect critical thinking is an issue worth exploring for the society. Some even say critical thinking should be a way of life. Personally, I have to disagree. In social situations I'm often struggling as I try to suppress much of my critical thinking in order to nurture the relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home